by Heather Osmond
1. Spring is here! Nothing elevates a mood more than a new candle with a summer scent, a fresh pair of pillows on a tired sofa and boxing up a dark, heavy, winter quilt and replacing it with a light weight throw blanket.
2. Your home is a reflection of you! Select your furnishings and accessories to tell your personal story through their colors and style.
3. Cool colors like blue, purple and green are considered tranquil colors. Use them in bedrooms, bathrooms and family rooms designed for relaxation.
4. Warm colors like red, orange and yellow are stimulation colors. Use them in spaces for activity and conversation, like dining rooms.
5. Blend and layer multiple shades and textures of the same color for a monochromatic look.
6. If you desire a visually energetic room, follow the color wheel and use contrasting or complementary colors in your design.
7. If you desire a serene room, follow the color wheel and use harmonious colors or those close together on the color wheel.
8. Consider your lifestyle when choosing fabrics. Remember to combine patterns, colors and textures to give a room interest.
9. Be eclectic in your style as you select furnishings. Styles can be compatible but a little different.
10. The MOST IMPORTANT work you will do will be within the walls of your own home. Make it a beautiful and enjoyable place to be!